Monday, June 6, 2016

The Sensational 7th

Dear Iva June,

Whew!

It's time to clear the air-
Literally.

That last post wasn't really fair to you, was it?
You are much more beautiful than that.
And really-you couldn't have told me you don't like that picture of yourself
because you can't.

And so, I am asking you for forgiveness, BUT,
I won't take down the picture.
Because it serves as a reminder to us of where we have come 
and where we are going.
Both of us.

Because we're both on this journey-
You to speak.
And me to speak less.
You to lead.
And me to be patient.

And that's really hard for me June bug-to be patient.
Like REALLY hard.

But here we are...another year into it-
And today I celebrate YOU!

It's your birthday and you are SEVEN!
So you needed something kind of SENSATIONAL!

Pool filled with Water balloons, squishie balls, body foam and bath bomb







Water table filled with colored cool whip, frozen blueberries, pop rocks and cotton candy




Maybe heaven?






Layered ice cream trifle

Because only something cold would do for the birthday girl


Sweet Girl,

May your year be full of sunshine, shiny balloons, splashing waters, sweet watermelon, sprinklers, laughter, bathing suits, honey nut cheerios and popsicles.

And may you know just
how high,
how wide,
how deep
is the Father's love for you.






No comments:

Post a Comment