Monday, September 10, 2012

School days and Spoon days

It was a gorgeous day in Norfolk.  The cool whip clouds on blue boasted big September skies.  I kept thinking the whole morning, "there is nothing too big for my God".  My son was playing on the porch this morning and came running inside shouting, "Mommy, it's Connecticut weather outside!".  I just love that he loves the crisp cool air and being outdoors.  He spent most of the afternoon climbing crape myrtals in our front yard getting the neighbor a bit worried.  Now I've got you worried too.  Yes, I am one of those moms who lets my kid climb trees. 

So, I'm here to tell you how the first week of school went.  Just fine.  That about sums it up.  One of my kids can't talk.  The other one asks me very nicely (or not so nicely), but today it was nicely, "Mommy, I just need a break from talking. Please don't say things to me."  OK.  noted.  So, we'll just look at the big September skies on our way home.  And then you can have lunch and you'll be in a better mood for talking.  That is, exactly half a peanut butter and honey sandwich on wheat bread with 2 mini dill pickles, 3 carrots, a dot of hummus and some fruit.  Every day.  That's what he has.  He might have OCD. 

June's first day of school

June's second day of school
James' first day of school
James didn't love his homework.  He had to journal about having Clifford at his house all weekend.  He's not a super fan of stuffed animals...but we managed to make it fun enough.   


So the week was good because June has been in a really good mood, mainly because she's sleeping hallelujah.  We took her off of the clonidine.  She was still waking up off and on and two of the nights she woke up screaming with bloodshot eyes, and I just had that mommy instinct that it wasn't good for her system.  I decided to try Time Release Melatonin.  The problem with that is how do you get her to swallow a pill?  Very easily.  I just hide it in a spoonful of yoghurt every night.  She has had 8 good nights of sleep in a row minus last night which was probably because she took a nap during the day. She is back to her precious self again and I am so glad because she had a couple of rough weeks. 

Well, here's the big news.  We've been working on it for a while so I could catch it on video.  Here's her debut, entitled "Girl eats with spoon". 



Happy September Ya'll!

4 comments:

  1. John and Fred are playing Red Haired Boy together as I watched that and I swear she's swaying in time to them :) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Katie, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss you and the opportunity to watch your children grow up first hand--but it's nice to read and see an update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! that is exciting! she's a cutie!
    know what's so weird (for me)? Watching her eat right handed - wow I have been staring at Asher next to me at the table eating left-handed for so long I forgot what a righty looks like! haha! I know, I'm a dork! :)

    ReplyDelete