Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The littlest helper

We had rice tonight. Again.  Which always seems to be on the menu with this gluten free diet.  Every time I steam rice and eat with my three kids under 6, I make myself promise we will not do it again for at least 3 weeks.  The end result is hardly in the mouth, but MOSTLY on everyone's bare feet, mashed into butt cracks and stuck to hair and under chins and chairs.
And definitely MOSTLY NOT on the plates.

You have one of two options at this point.
Clean by picking up each piece individually, basically with tweezers
OR wait til dry and, in the morning, sweep up.

Truly, I have no idea how people do it with chopsticks, but at the end of dinner, this is what the table and floor looks like:


Don't EVER get a table with deep rustic grooves in it, NO matter how cool it looks.

Fortunately, I have a little helper who is always willing to clean up the mess.  I put her right to work. 


So this entry really isn't about rice, it's about my little helper.

My babiest girl is turning two years old in two days.   

And about 1000 days ago, she was given a very BIG assignment, an assignment only the God of the Universe could have given to the 
littlest helper.  

And OH, she has risen to the occasion.

She is JOY. 
She is Unbridled PASSION. 
She is teacher.
She inspires, encourages, plays with, and enthusiastically loves her older sister in a very BIG way.  

And with her screaming demands, come bold streaks of courage where she takes June's hand and leads her through the steps of life.




And this littlest sister pushes her BIG sister to do more, to be more.


To come out, to dig deep in her soul and smother her with kindness.


And...to just plain smother her.


To wrestle with her birth order number.
To find a brave new place where I haven't gone,
and triumphantly stay there for a while.

Happy Birthday my littlest Charlotte Rose-Marie!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet 'littlest' sister......what w blessing! This touched my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That'sthe rationale advertising and marketing for you to proper studying before writing. Also, it is attainable to write down superior writing because of this. latest information

    ReplyDelete